Today in class we read “When I Was Young In The Mountains”, a beautiful book by Cynthia Rylant about family stories. Today in your child’s backpack you should have found some information about our next social studies activity. We will be studying family traditions by writing to a grandparent. Please send the completed envelope and name slip back to school as soon as possible. When the responses come back, we will share them with the class. Please remember to put your return address on the envelope as well. If your child has more than one grandparent that he/she would like to write to, I would be happy to send home a copy of the letter we will be using as a guide. My hope is that this will spark the telling of many family stories.
Also, don’t forget to keep sending in those family photos. We have been enjoying the pictures that have come in so far.
The children wanted to make sure I let you know about another math website we have tried and enjoyed. There are both math and literacy activities at this site. Since it is a BBC site, there are some difficulties with the measurement and coin sections, but the kids still enjoy trying. You can find it at:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/ks1bitesize/numeracy/
Don’t forget to check out the Halloween photos I posted last week.
No comments:
Post a Comment